What British people say V's what they mean
When British people say one thing, they really mean the exact opposite! Let's take a look with the help of Ben, Henry and Tobi. Enjoy! (sorry to sound so enthusiastic)
1. 'Not to worry.' Translation: I will never forget this!
2. 'That's very interesting!' Translation: You are boring me to death!
3. 'No harm done.' Translation: You have ruined everything!
4. 'Excuse me, sorry, is anyone sitting here?' Translation: Move over before I get really annoyed.
5. 'It could be worse.' Translation: It couldn't possibly be any worse.
6. 'Not too bad, actually.' Translation: I'm probably the happiest I've ever been.
7. 'Right then, I should start thinking about possibly making a move.' Translation: Bye!
8. 'With all due respect...' Translation: You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.
9. 'That is a very brave proposal' Translation: You are insane to think that will work!
10. 'I'm just popping out for lunch, does anyone else want anything?' Translation: I'm getting my own lunch, please don't ask me to get you anything!
11. 'Bit wet out there.' Translation: You're going to need a snorkel because it's absolutely pissing it down!
Inspired by the book Very British Problems.